Message from the Headmistress
I hope you have all had a lovely sunny, if cold, holiday and that the children are eagerly awaiting coming back to school. All parents have been emailed a copy of the latest parent Coronavirus handbook, which is updated to reflect practice for this term, or until we have a change in guidance.
A few things to point out:
- All senior pupils need to have done a LFD test 24 hours before they return to school i.e. TODAY
- Senior pupils will receive further supplies and will continue with twice a week testing until the 17th May (in the first instance – or until we have a change in guidance) Staff are also testing twice a week.
- A change here is if a positive lateral flow test is revealed, a PCR test must follow. If this is negative, it overrides the previous LFD result.
- Hot school lunches will be resumed from Wednesday for pupils throughout the school, 5 days a week.
- I remind you that now we enter the Summer Term, blazers should be worn to and from school and during the school day and outer coats are not required. Whilst we will still be working with open doors and windows to assist with ventilation, the external temperature is significantly warmer than it was last term and we will be clamping down on unauthorised uniform. (Of course, if an additional layer is worn under the uniform and we can’t see it, this is ok.)
- We will be reinforcing our behaviour pathway with all our young people during the first week, or so, of term, to remind all of our expectations and to recap on norms of good social interaction.
- As the term progresses, we are hoping to have some more ‘live ‘ events, but for the time being much will still be virtual.
- Children or household members are required to self-isolate and to inform the school if they or any household member is symptomatic.
- We are all warned to guard against complacency. The rules still apply and the infection is still present in society. The LFD tests, and indeed, vaccinations should not lure us into a false sense of security. (Though it is nice to be able to visit the non-essential shops, hairdressers, beer gardens, and zoos again)
Communications will resume weekly on Fridays, after this one.
We are delighted to welcome our new marketing manager, who commenced her work with us yesterday. She is Claire Jones and can be communicated with on email@example.com. She is eagerly anticipating meeting all the staff and children (in a safe and socially distanced way) and welcomes your stories of children’s successes at home too.
Wishing all a fabulous new term,