- A broad programme of academic study, which fosters a desire to learn, the ability to think and work independently and opportunities for all pupils to develop their full potential in line with their capabilities, maintaining a tradition of excellence.
- A structured pastoral and support system which guides and nurtures pupils, promoting the personal development of each individual within the school community.
- Opportunities for each pupil to develop the skills to enable them to be an independent, resourceful and responsible member of society including widening the pupils’ understanding of and access to the changing world of work and equipping them with the skills to manage their own future careers.
- A range of extra-curricular activities with opportunities for enjoyment, challenge, enterprise, leadership and service to the wider community.
- Close and honest communication with parents so that the school and family can work together to promote the well-being and success of each pupil in the school community.
- A well-ordered community with high standards of behaviour, self-discipline and courtesy.
Thus it is hoped that each member of the school community will develop the confidence and self-esteem to face the challenges and opportunities ahead with enthusiasm and optimism.